We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Tue Mar 21 14:42:14 EST 2000

	Nat said:

	"Raised a ruckus with alums, you can be sure..."

	lol! There was a lawsuit filed by alums regarding frats at my alma
mater.  Nice to see it is the same all over.

	"Have you ever read Frederick Turner's epic poem THE NEW
> WORLD [Princeton U Press, sometime in the 80s]? I enjoyed it a lot (it is
> on my "books that changed me" list). It's set in and around Mt Vernon
> 3-400 years in the future."

	No way!  I had no idea.  It's possible that I heard of it at some
point and avoided it because of the phrase "epic poem."   I like poems to be
a short as possible.  I have an unreasonable, stubborn suspicion of long
poems.  I look at them the exact same way my grandmother looked at
computers.  Can't quite quantify that look, but I know it when I see it  ;)

	But I do think I would have looked into it, had I heard of it.  I
will have to read it because I *have* to see if the author pictured Mt.
Vernon any differently 300-400 years from now than it is now.  Great!  Thank
you for mentioning it.

	Elise
	Boy, I have to go create many long charts and I'm having a nostalgia
attack for more bucolic, ivory tower-ish days. Must. Overcome. gasp pant.
No. More. Student. Loans!  Ah, I feel better now.