We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Tue Mar 21 11:20:37 EST 2000

Nat said:

	"Eddie and the Cruisers? Well, if truth be known, Animal House was
set here at Dartmouth... And they'll NEVER be allowed to forget it :-)"

	Ah, in the movie it was Dartmouth - but in the book, under an alias,
it was Kenyon.  That's because the author went there and he really liked to
pick on the place.  He was teaching there while I was there and he made no
secret of his favorite topic for satire.  He liked to see himself as rough
boy from Jersey tossed among the "preppies", which may have been true in his
undergrad day, but was increasingly inaccurate by mine (re: the preppies to
Others ratio).   He also sauntered around in an Eddie and the Cruisers
jacket years and years after the movie came out, but whatever.  What a
character.  It was a great place to study, esp. literature.

	Elise
	Who doesn't know much about hominy or grits or anything!