Confession of a Hominy Homeboy

Mon Mar 20 15:51:43 EST 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:05:46 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>I *love* grits.  I put two fried eggs (runny yolk) and cheese in my grits.
>It's rich, and as mentioned above, a heart attack on a plate.

Jacob is under the impression that his fantastically low cholesterol level
means he can eat anything he wants with impunity (which is not a kind of
chocolate sauce).  And the grits thing is the least of his weird food
passions, most of which involve cheese of some kind.

>  Melissa says
>that my taste for grits and pork rinds clearly indicates my white-trash
>southern heritage.  I have a hard time arguing because we both know my
>genealogy (which actually includes a family named Hicks from the Appalachian
>Mountains).

Heck, forget your genealogy.  I know your *grandma*.  :)

Melissa Proffitt