We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 20 14:53:25 EST 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Anita Graham wrote:

> I've eaten grits! Its like porridge but made with fine grain (maybe
> a bit like a breakfast version of ...damn...what's that white
> grainy stuff that used to be used for puddings...mind totally
> gone... I know...sago) and eaten with syrup. Possibly its even more
> tasteless than porridge.

Not "semolina"? I sometimes eat semolina porridge for breakfast (with
golden syrup and butter, mmm), and I know at least one other person
who also does. Semolina is coarsely ground wheat, and I think sago is
made from the pith of a palm tree. I don't think I've ever even seen
sago; I used to think it was the same as tapioca.

Come to think of it, "grits" may be the American word for "semolina"
for all I know.

   Irina

irina at valdyas.org (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
          http://www.valdyas.org/irina/index.html (home)