questions questions...

R.K.Macrae-Gibson R.K.Macrae-Gibson at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 09:24:25 EST 2000

Jane asked about Year of the Griffin

This is a 'sequel' to/set in the same world as Dark Lord of
Derkholm.
There are also several reprints of earlier books in the
pipeline (Hurrah! I just wish they'd reprint Power of Three
as my copy is only held together by my love for it). I
posted about this in January, but if that was before you
joined the list I can send it again.

I just hope that none of the reprints are edited. The most
recent reprint of Cart & Cwidder (published as part of a
'Dalemark Quartet' when Crown of Dalemark was first
released) had about 2 pages of background about the
North-South divide edited out. I only bought a copy because
my Penguin paperback is falling apart. Does anyone know if
that reprint of Drowned Ammet was also edited?
Isn't there an 'updated' version of Ogre as well? With
tapes/cds instead of records? Why do editors do this?

Rowena
Spoilers for Year of the Griffin follow:

It's about:
Elda's adventures whilst at 'Wizard University'