We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

Jessie Bishop Powell jbpowe1 at pop.uky.edu
Mon Mar 20 09:11:26 EST 2000

OK --grits -- no flavor comparison here, but they're roughly the
consistency of Cream of Wheat (if you've ever eaten that -- my mother
fed me weird foods as a child, what can I say). In fact, depending upon
your tastes, you'll like "real" grits or "instant" grits better. The
"real" grits haven't been processed nearly as much and have a distinct
flavor of corn around the edges. They also take 15-30 minutes to cook
(only 30 when my Dad, "the slow gormet" was cooking). "Instant" grits
have the distinct advantage of being microwaveable and available north
of Kentucky in the United States. They only take about 5 minutes to brew
up, but they lack the corn taste. Either way, they're good with salt and
butter (ahhh, heart attack on a plate) and can be enjoyed with any meal
of the day.

Jessie