We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 20 08:12:05 EST 2000

At 8:52 PM +0800 20/3/0, Paul Andinach wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Sally Odgers wrote:
>
>> BTW, what are hominy and grits? Sound 'orrid.
>
>>From the same source as the cornpone definition:
>
>   hom-i-ny
>     n. Hulled and dried kernels of corn, prepared as food by boiling.
>   [Short for Virginia Algonquian uskatahomen.]
>

>And grits is ground hominy, apparently.

I've eaten grits! Its like porridge but made with fine grain (maybe a bit like a breakfast version of ...damn...what's that white grainy stuff that used to be used for puddings...mind totally gone... I know...sago) and eaten with syrup. Possibly its even more tasteless than porridge.

I had it at a hotel in Atlanta.

Anita