dunking

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 20 08:08:27 EST 2000

At 8:48 AM +0000 20/3/0, Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:
>Nat wrote:

 I just had this vision of Quentin, hand to forehead, contemplating Life
>> while absently dunking cookie after cookie (sorry, biscuit after biscuit)
>> into the tea. Obviously a product of a fevered imagination.
>
>Yes, I like it!
>
>I can't think of a reference in DWJ where people dunk biscuits into tea, but I'm
>sure Vivian dunks her carob cornpone into her malty soy at some point in Time
>City.

Definitely. I've just started rereading A Tale of Time City, and this occurs very close to the beginning when Vivian tastes her first Time City meal.

I would *love* to try a Forty Second Century Butter Pie. I guess its like very good vanilla icecream with some sort of hot sauce.

Anita