We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 03:48:35 EST 2000

Nat wrote:

>> "Not too sure if you're implying that one would have to be
>>distracted to
>>> dunk your biscuits in tea.  Or if distracted here is a euphamism for
>>> demented, for that matter."
>>>
>> Elise
>> Maybe Nat means that Quentin would dunk his biscuits in someone
>>else's tea?
>
> Yes. exactly.
>
> I just had this vision of Quentin, hand to forehead, contemplating Life
> while absently dunking cookie after cookie (sorry, biscuit after biscuit)
> into the tea. Obviously a product of a fevered imagination.

Yes, I like it!

I can't think of a reference in DWJ where people dunk biscuits into tea, but I'm
sure Vivian dunks her carob cornpone into her malty soy at some point in Time
City.

Come to think of it, what is a cornpone?  I'm sure I've encountered the word
outside Time City, but I can't find it in the dictionary.

Gili wrote:

My most unusual favorite sandwich may be honey, mustard and cheese. I say
may be because I've only made them three or four times, maybe I'd be sick of
them if I ate them more frequently. would probably go well with lettuce and
or tomatoes, unless you hate tomatoes...

Sounds nice.  I eat honey and cheese sandwiches a lot.  I invented them when I
was quite small, and I ate golden syrup and cheese sandiches for most of my
teens, but I stopped for some reason until last year.  Obviously I was being too
submissive to society's artificial norms and values, or something.

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottingham, NG11 0EE, UK