dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #144

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Mar 20 01:57:01 EST 2000

Gili wrote:

>While we're on the topic of being off-topic, If you've never had chicken
>pox, there's a vaccine - you should take it. (my fiancee has it now and had
>to be hospitalized for the secondary infections)

Oh, he has my deepest sympathies!  I had chicken pox a few years ago, and
it was horrible beyond words.  I ended up going to the emergency room,
where the only good thing about feeling so vile was that I was too
miserable to care about everyone's staring at me.  It is decidedly an
illness not meant for adults.

>The series is called "Voyage of the Basset", recommended for 10 to 13 year
>olds, and these are the books that have come out so far:
>
>ISLANDS IN THE SKY by Tanith Lee
>THE RAVEN QUEEN by Terri Windling
>
>and out in June will be
>
>JOURNEY TO OTHERWHERE by Sherwood Smith

These sound worth looking out for, so thanks for passing this on.  I
checked Amazon, and there was one reader review, which mentioned the
original Basset book.  Anyone know about that?

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie