Magicians and Ammet discussion on r.a.b.c

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Mar 18 10:20:59 EST 2000

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I was very unclear here, I'm afraid, probably because I don't know
> what I'm talking about.  I can only read AlexLit's discussion on the
> web as well.  The difference being that reading that is very
> straightforward and easy [compared to Deja].

Oh. Right, yes, I see now.

> No doubt I'm more than just a _bit_ confused!  Someone had raised an
> objection to Magicians on the grounds of the Punch and Judy show
> being English, despite the Italian setting of the book.  I think
> this same person later clarified that the confusion between England
> and Italy bothered her, and I _thought_ that you had replied
> "there's a difference?"  Which _I_ thought was witty.

Oh, that, yes.

Now you've got me worried, because maybe you're not the one that was
confused.
I remember quite clearly posting that reply, now that you mention it -
but I don't clearly remember the statement I was replying to, and
Deja is offline, allegedly for a site upgrade.
The response I gave to the statement I *thought* was replying to was
genuine curiousity.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."