Magicians and Ammet discussion on r.a.b.c

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Mar 18 07:50:21 EST 2000

A general thank you for the info on getting r.a.b.c., (and especially to
Courtney.  I'll get back to you with more questions if I'm still unable to
sort it out.)

Paul:
>>I mean like AlexLit's discussion group.)
>
>...which, conversely, some of us can only read on the web... :)

I was very unclear here, I'm afraid, probably because I don't know what I'm
talking about.  I can only read AlexLit's discussion on the web as well.
The difference being that reading that is very straightforward and easy.
Deja - well, in for a penny, in for a pound here - there are so many ads on
the site, that perhaps it's not too cynical to feel that everything may be
made slow to access on purpose.

(Sorry, Paul, I should have known better - and
>> loved your Italy and England comment, BTW!)
>
>I think you may still be a bit confused; I don't remember an Italy and
>England comment.

No doubt I'm more than just a _bit_ confused!  Someone had raised an
objection to Magicians on the grounds of the Punch and Judy show being
English, despite the Italian setting of the book.  I think this same person
later clarified that the confusion between England and Italy bothered her,
and I _thought_ that you had replied "there's a difference?"  Which _I_
thought was witty.  Not sure where I lost the train of discussion there,
but never mind.  And Deja's down today so I can't even check.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie