Magicians and Ammet discussion or r.a.b.c

Fri Mar 17 16:34:13 EST 2000

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:01:40 +0800, Anita Graham wrote:

>At 9:39 AM +1000 17/3/0, PREISIG Kylie wrote:
>>
>>Alternatively, all I can suggest is talking to your ISP about getting
>>r.a.b.c added to your news server.
>>
>>Unless any techos out there on the list have better suggestions?
>>
>>Kylie
>>

>I would expect that almost all public ISPs would have rabc already - as it's in the rec hierarchy its part of the central group of seven. (comp, misc, rec, soc, sci...hmmm can't recall the rest).

My problem is that I can't configure my mail reader to get newsgroups from
two different servers.  I'm subscribed to some groups on sff.net, and to be
able to read the r.a.b.c. group through my mail reader I'd have to give
those up.  Fortunately, I haven't had any problems reading the posts off
their web site.  It's been an interesting discussion (though of course not
nearly as INTELLIGENT and THOUGHTFUL and DEEP as ours are)  :)

Melissa Proffitt