We just can't get away from food... (was: Re: Mordion/Tess)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 17 07:09:51 EST 2000

Nat:

>Makes me think of the father in Archer's Goon, somehow. Seems like the sort
>of thing DWJ's distracted characters might do.

Not too sure if you're implying that one would have to be distracted to
dunk your biscuits in tea.  Or if distracted here is a euphamism for
demented, for that matter.

But I couldn't find anything in Archer's Goon.  Lots of tea, and lots of
coffee, and lots of peanut butter sandwiches, but that was all.  Becca told
me definitively that there was no such mention, and that she remembers all
mentions of food in all her much-loved books perfectly, but then I got her
with the liver and bacon.  She had to admit she hadn't remembered that one.

Maybe we should just take it on faith that this is a practice DWJ would
follow?  Maybe not.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie