List food obsessions

Tue Mar 14 18:06:48 EST 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:40:53 +0800, Anita Graham wrote:

>> In message <bB=NOH6nhNG1Q7rJzvSREhzCGXf7 at 4ax.com>, Melissa
>> Proffitt writes:
>> >And I forgot to mention earlier--we eat our cheese sandwiches
>> with condensed
>> >tomato soup, for dipping.  Just so we're all clear on that.  :)
>>
>I knew I was an outsider - I don't eat tomatos either! (Although once again
>cooked tomato product and canned soups don't have that nasty "tomato" taste,
>just as cooked cheese products don't have that different, nasty "cheese"
>taste. I love lasagne but won't touch raw cheese or tomato.

Funny, my picky eater child hates all forms of tomato EXCEPT the condensed
tomato soup.  I think it's the cooking that does it; it does lack that
"tomato" taste, doesn't it?  Though she still won't eat tomato ketchup.  But
I could spend hours discussing this child's horrible eating habits; there's
nothing more irritating than spending an hour on cooking a meal and having
this pint-sized pixie take ONE LOOK at the food and say YUCK.  Without even
tasting it.

>> And if that doesn't count... I make lots of other things by hand that most
>> people (probably) don't... how about hot fudge sauce? :)
>
>yUM. i Made (oops caps lock key on) a yummy chocolate sauce on the weekend.
>Melted dark toblerone with butter and cream added. From a delicious book by
>Nigel Slater.

MMMMM....  I love dark chocolate anything.  It's hard to get really good
chocolate here, though, as Jacob keeps reminding me.

Melissa Proffitt