List food obsessions

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 14 03:40:53 EST 2000

> In message <bB=NOH6nhNG1Q7rJzvSREhzCGXf7 at 4ax.com>, Melissa
> Proffitt writes:
> >And I forgot to mention earlier--we eat our cheese sandwiches
> with condensed
> >tomato soup, for dipping.  Just so we're all clear on that.  :)

I knew I was an outsider - I don't eat tomatos either! (Although once again
cooked tomato product and canned soups don't have that nasty "tomato" taste,
just as cooked cheese products don't have that different, nasty "cheese"
taste. I love lasagne but won't touch raw cheese or tomato.

> Hmm... does handmade bread count?  I mean handmade, not with a
> breadmachine (athough we have one of those too...).  Being unemployed and
> therefore having spare time, I decided to try the easy-looking recipe on
> the back of the flour bag... we'll see how it comes out.

I've done it, but I found that where the bread machine wins is in the
waiting time...I just don't have the schedule that allows being around for
an hour, then another hour, then the cooking time.

> And if that doesn't count... I make lots of other things by hand that most
> people (probably) don't... how about hot fudge sauce? :)

yUM. i Made (oops caps lock key on) a yummy chocolate sauce on the weekend.
Melted dark toblerone with butter and cream added. From a delicious book by
Nigel Slater.

Anita