Elizabeth Peters

Mon Mar 13 12:03:27 EST 2000

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:23:38 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>Melissa, if you haven't read these, I recommend them to you. The heroine is
>Always Right.  You must have read them, right?

I have read several of them, naturally.  :)

The point at which I started becoming dissatisfied was when Ramses was in
his early insufferable childhood.  No, I know exactly what got on my nerves.
It was that irritating lisp he had!  My own little four-year-old angel
(naturally not as brilliant as Ramses) has a tiny bit of a lisp herself AND
has this knack of picking up phrases Jacob and I use, and using them
herself.  Anyway, her speech "impediment" isn't nearly as regular as
Ramses's is, and I think that bugged me...his lisp is as perfect as he is!
(Also I wanted to give Emerson and Amelia a remedial course in raising a
gifted child.)  So I haven't gotten much further in the series than about
the fifth book...and now I've lost a library book and I don't think the
library wants to see my face ever again.  I may never finish.  :(

Melissa Proffitt