DWJ audio books

Sun Mar 12 22:21:44 EST 2000

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:06:37 +0800 (WST), Paul Andinach wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, PREISIG Kylie wrote:
>
>> There are several other DWJ books on audio cassette.  The WA Library
>> service has several, or did a couple of years ago, so check out your
>> library service.  I have also seen some advertised on amazon.co.uk.
>>
>> There is a version of _Charmed Life_ read by Tony Robinson who
>> played Baldric in Blackadder.  He does a rather good job!
>
>I second this, even though I've only heard the first chapter or so.
>
>(My copy used to belong to the aforementioned WA Library Service, and
>every time I play it the tape snaps.)

How odd!  The copy I got from the library kept getting snarled in the tape
player.  Though I think it was the player's fault, actually...

That audio version of _Charmed Life_ is just wonderful.  I think I said
before that in listening to it, I picked up on several gems of sentences
that I'd missed in reading it.  Woe is me, I can't remember what they are
now.  Maybe later.

Melissa Proffitt