Ella enchanted: was, Re: Mordion/Tess

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun Mar 12 15:41:30 EST 2000

Sally wrote:

>I'd like to know if it would have worked if someone had simply ordered Ella
>to "stop being unusually obedient"...  Since her mother managed to prevent
>her from telling about the curse for seven years, a sort of post-hypnotic
>order such as I just mentioned should have worked just s well - shouldn't
>it?

That's a very interesting question!  Starts to sound like the old logic
problem with the group which always tells the truth, and the one which
always lies, and the one question to find out which is which.  I couldn't
see any holes in your logic, FWIW.  Although of course it's much more
satisfying having her break the enchantment herself!

Did you like the book?

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie