Janice and Blindness

Kevin Jones jonesk at primus.com.au
Sun Mar 12 06:07:29 EST 2000

Janice

My father is blind and the only talking books he's interested in are true
stories of mountain climbing and sols yachting. I've read them too but not
exclusively.

My dad's blindness is from retinitis pigmentosa and that's supposed to jump
a generation, so it's likely one of my sons will have it. I would be
interested in your opinions on the audio book dearth in children's
literature. The only DWJ I've heard is Ogre Downstairs, are there others?

I often take a children's audio book with me on long car trips. There are
some good ones but the publishers can get stuck on particular author and
publish everything regardless of value and quality.

I am happy you de-lurked.

>From a fellow lurker

Kevin