Peters

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 23:36:56 EST 2000

Elizabeth Peters. Oh lord yes! Those are glorious farces of the very best
sort. Unfortunately there is also a degree of sloppiness in the series
continuity which drives me bonkers, but I'm prepared to at least TRY to
overlook it.

Unfortunately she seems to be building up to the series's climax and is
tipping over from farce to melodrama. She is much better at farce. The last
book has a bad case of "middle-book syndrome" which makes the wait for the
next one more uncomfortable than usual. I see that it is announced (for May,
I believe) on amazon. so the end is in sight. I rather hope that it isn't the
end of the series as well, but I can't be certain that it's not.