Griffins ({Strange| Awkward|The Trouble With}Magic) & Goudge

Camilla Saly camillasaly at teacher.com
Wed Mar 8 23:47:40 EST 2000

Hi.  Sort of de-lurking here, although I posted long ago about Neil Gaiman.
About Elizabeth Goudge:  Like Frances Hodgeson Burnett, she wrote alot of
crap and a few jems.  "The Valley of Song" IS a jem.  I found it IMPOSSIBLE
to get a copy anywhere.  I eventually took out the only copy I knew of from
the Deer Isle, Maine library and xeroxed the whole book (don't tell
anybody...). "The Little White Horse" is also very good, and then there's
"Linnets and Valerians."  Oh yeah, one more: a historical novel about Oxford
during Queen Eliz. 1. I forget the title.  The rest I've tried are pretty
much dreck.  Best, Camilla from NYC