Mordion/Tess

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Thu Mar 9 10:41:47 EST 2000

Hallie, I've never read Tess of the D'Urbervilles, but I picked up enough
(I think) from the previous discussion to see your points. I too, await the

I have, BTW, finished TAM LIN (Dean) and ELLA ENCHANTED and

I'd like to know if it would have worked if someone had simply ordered Ella
to "stop being unusually obedient"...  Since her mother managed to prevent
her from telling about the curse for seven years, a sort of post-hypnotic
order such as I just mentioned should have worked just s well - shouldn't
it?

Sallyo.