Any Tamora Pierce fans?

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 16:38:39 EST 2000

I have enjoyed Pierce's books ffrom the first. I agree that Circle of Magic
does seem aimed as a slightly younger age group, and the Imortals quartet has
a few too many "alien" races running around in it. But I have liked all of
her characters and she tells a ripping good yarn.

I am also very pleased with Protector of the Small's start. It is difficult
to tell stories which share such a similar framework without the "echo"
deteriorating into a simple repeat. But the new viewpoint character is such a
different personality from Alanna that there is a clear distinction.

I am also glad to see that she is following the Circle of Magic characters as
well. That set of stories had clearly not carried anything through to its
conclusion during its term, I will be interested in finding out just what she
is ultimately aiming towards with it.