Any Tamora Pierce fans?

Patrick M. Self pself30 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 2 14:37:29 EST 2000

Personally, I think the Wild Magic and Circle of Magic series are both very
high quality, but definitely children writing: not complex or anything, but
nice plots, good characters, and no "adult" themes or anything.

They are very good books in my opinion, fairly different from the Alanna
books, but still interesting for say 10-12 year olds, probably a bit older
for the Wild Magic ones. Good role models of course, especially for females
obviously.

The characters are fairly interesting, good plotting, though certainly VERY
different from DWJ, but hey, her style of writing isn't for _everyone_ :)

I would say a good introduction for new fantasy readers, especially girls,
and a simple, easy, sorta *guilty pleasure* for older people.

-Tan