Hallie Explains it All

Fri Jun 30 19:38:54 EDT 2000

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:40:29 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Irina:
>
>>> Some time ago, Melissa said in a post that she was Always Right*.  Of
>>> course, this was already Fact (as she had said it), but list members did
>>> not yet realize it.
>>
>>Oh, I see - she's like Sophie, or Thomas Lynn, or Quentin? If she
>>says so, she thereby makes it so?
>
>:-)  I'm not quite sure that it's the same mechanism.  If Melissa _is_ like
>Sophie and Tom, then we'd better hope she's not given to rash statements
>such as:  "Living this far from good book shops is driving me mad!"  or "My
>back is killing me!"  I'm sure one could learn to cope, but the learning
>period might be dangerous...

Wouldn't that make me sort of a living version of the Simon Says spell from
_Witch Week_?  Yuck.

I think it's simply that I draw attention to things that, once stated by me,
are now and have always been Right.  You are naturally entitled to have
differing opinions, but they would be Wrong by definition.

Or possibly it's just time for my anti-hallucogenic medication.

Melissa Proffitt

(want to know the truth?
I'm channelling Daisy Parker.
Imagine "I am a genius and Allways Rigt"
in big red letters on your computer screen.)