[Believing Is Seeing and other books]

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 30 19:31:48 EDT 2000

>lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu wrote:
>
>>In other book notes, I just read my first two Terry Pratchett books.
>>"Equal Rites" was good, but "Carpe Jugulum" was fantastic.  I'm >definitely
>adding Pratchett to my Must Read list.
>
>I've only read six or seven of his books so far (not CARPE JUGULUM yet) but
>HOGFATHER was tremendous!  My fave so far.

I cannot recommend the Mort/Reaper Man combo enough.  They're my
absolute faves of all of his books.  I must admit a fondness, however,
for the Carrot/Guard books too.

>I've been on a big Tim Powers trip lately, thanks to this list.

I love his Anubis Gate and Last Call. The rest I find fascinating
but only tepidly admirable.

Have you tried Claudia Edwards (only 4 books ever written),
PC Hodgell (3), Barry Hughart (3) or Robert Wilfred Franson (just 1 book, alas)

I'm also quite fond of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

>Back on topic, I'm enjoying DARK LORD for the third time right now.  Call it
>early prepping for YEAR OF THE GRIFFIN.

Is this an announced book?

-- E