mothers

Wholergo at aol.com Wholergo at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 09:51:30 EDT 2000

In a message dated 6/29/00 8:47:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> and Zillah
As a (not naturally motherly) mother struggling to pay adequate attention to
my two, daughter of a brilliant and neglectful mother myself, I found
Zillah's willingness to dive into the unknown without thinking of the impact
on Marcus to be quite shocking. (Think that sentence is long enough yet?) She
swears she will let nothing bad happen to him - but what does she know?  The
best mothers in DWJ seem to do as my mother did, and I tend to - rely on our
kids to be smart and resilient. Not always good enough mothering! Haven't
read Luke or Derkholm yet, but so far the only adequate mothers I see are
quite peripheral (Time City, for example).

Robin Mary Gillespie (rmgillespie_wholergo at post.harvard.edu)