Another new lurker

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 28 17:13:36 EDT 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:40:44 +0200 (CEST), Irina Rempt wrote:

> >Now imagine that with *twins*... :-/
>
> *shudder*
>
> I can't imagine.  My brain shuts down in self-defense.

Looking back after four and a half years, it's not that bad. The baby
clinic wanted me to stop nursing ("nobody can breast-feed twins",
overlooking the fact that this had been happening for hundreds if not
thousands of years) and take to the bottle, but I had the very
sensible argument that I'd have to go downstairs in the middle of the
night to make bottles instead of just staying in bed and feeding them
then and there. It was a struggle (me, my husband, my best friend and
the twins against the Powers That Be), but we won: I nursed Rebecca
for ten and a half months and Menna for eleven months to the day,
when the milk ran out. They were eating people food by that time
anyway, even fish and chicken (meaning that we swapped plates in the
middle of the meal for Rebecca to eat Menna's meat and Menna to eat
Rebecca's vegetables; the preferences haven't changed, but everybody
has to eat everything now).

They're almost five. Tempus fugit irreparabile.

   Irina