Another new lurker

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jun 28 17:05:15 EDT 2000

>Just because I'm feeling a little silly, I thought I'd surface from the
>depths... a warm welcome to Cordelia Elinor Proffitt (23rd June weighing in at
>8 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 inches) from a senior list member, Raphael Fletcher
>Forsyth (14th June, 5 lbs., 10 oz., and 18 inches).

Congratulations to Jennifer also!  The subject of your post was a little
baffling, as I was thinking how sure I was that _you_ weren't a new lurker
on the list!

And just in keeping with our literarily-named baby thread - should I even
ask if there's a hint of McAvoy?

>Personally, I'm hoping not to be a DWJ-type mother, but surviving the first 6
>weeks or so may take precedence over that... I'm probably most like the mother
>in _Black Maria_  (if I'm remembering it correctly--my memory fades on so
>little sleep!): more likely to be too nice & therefore ineffectual than
>otherwise. I would rather be the mother in _The Dark Lord of Derkholm_, taking
>independent action as necessary.

I love Mara!  Especially when she's all dolled up as the Evil Enchantress,
in that dress, and is still being warm and motherly!

Hallie (and Becca says congratulations and welcome too!)