Re Brust, censorship and Millie

Dzongri (Anita Graham) dzongri at admin.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 23 01:53:42 EDT 2000

-- --
-- Why can't there be more authors like DWJ?  I feel right now
-- as though I only
-- want to read books like hers, and there just aren't enough
-- of them. <whine
-- whine>  I keep prowling my shelves imagining that at some
-- point more books
-- will magically appear.  EVERY author whose books I love
-- isn't producing
-- anything new until November.  And Steven Brust is probably in a coma
-- somewhere laughing at everyone waiting for _The Viscount of
-- Adrilankha_.

Have you read Sorcery and Cecelia by Caroline Stevermer and Patricia Wrede
or A College of Magics by Stevermer? I know they've been recommended on this
list, but I don't recall if you were one of those who had read them. I've
recently acquired both of them and I enjoyed them a lot.

Or you could just try Georgette Heyer - she is immensely readable and can be
very funny too - and she's written an awful lot! She won't be producing
anything new though....

Anita

--LAA21083.962121254/suberic.net--
ReSent-Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:18:12 -0400 (EDT)
ReSent-From: deborah <deborah at suberic.net>
ReSent-To: approve at suberic.net
ReSent-Subject: BOUNCE dwj at suberic.net:    Non-member submission from ["Dzongri
 (Anita Graham)" <dzongri at admin.uwa.edu.au>]