Hallie Explains it All

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun Jun 25 18:40:29 EDT 2000

Irina:

>> Some time ago, Melissa said in a post that she was Always Right*.  Of
>> course, this was already Fact (as she had said it), but list members did
>> not yet realize it.
>
>Oh, I see - she's like Sophie, or Thomas Lynn, or Quentin? If she
>says so, she thereby makes it so?

:-)  I'm not quite sure that it's the same mechanism.  If Melissa _is_ like
Sophie and Tom, then we'd better hope she's not given to rash statements
such as:  "Living this far from good book shops is driving me mad!"  or "My
back is killing me!"  I'm sure one could learn to cope, but the learning
period might be dangerous...

Hallie (who's not Always Right, and is therefore only offering a temporary
answer, until Melissa can give us a definitive one.)