Apparently NOT always right

Fri Jun 23 12:43:29 EDT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:19:37 +1000, PREISIG Kylie wrote:

>> Anyway.  Not that anyone missed me.  <sniff>  But I'm back
>
>I did!  I was almost at the point of writing to the list asking if anyone
>knew why you'd gone quiet!

Well, I feel more loved now that I know people at least noticed I wasn't
around.  :)

Actually, I saw a message in the archives noting that all our email was
bouncing and did anyone know how to reach us.  There wouldn't have been any
way, since I don't think anyone here has Jacob's work address.  But then the
list archives didn't go back up for a long time, and I just quit checking
too soon--and the same thing happened with our email; eventually we started
getting it properly again, but too late.  Ah well.

>(Off Topic) Do you hate the new Alexlit interface too?

Argh.  I hate it a lot.  I hate the design and look mainly, but since I've
always used it more for recommendations than anything else, I don't like the
increasing emphasis on sales.  But I feel bad griping about that because,
after all, that's really what their main purpose is.  So I just sulk in
silence.  (What I dislike is that they're "fixing" things that I didn't
think were broken, and making them more complicated.  Like, making you sign
in, and then shooting you back out to the exact same main page you came
from.)

Melissa Proffitt