Characters in real life

Rowena Macrae-Gibson rowena.macrae-gibson at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 08:24:23 EDT 2000

Has anyone else seen someone in real life who is a dead ringer for a
particular DWJ character? I know that DWJ once attended a lecture by Morton
Leroy, for example.
I've been to several concerts at the Barbican this year, and I must say
that the LSO has a cellist who is just as I'd imagined Thomas Lynn. Very
tall, with arms so long that he has to curve & bend them more than usual,
with glasses and even with the 'elderly' hair style and look that Polly
describes. I have no idea if he looks like this off stage, but onstage he's
just like Tom Lynn!

Rowena