Muggles for Harry Potter

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Jun 20 14:10:07 EDT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 Tanaquil2 at aol.com wrote:
> Yes, it's an interesting subject.  I for one was horrified when I realized
> that liberals censored too.  I was like, "what??? those fools!!  how dare
> they say such a thing!  liberals are fair-minded and rational etc etc."
Oh, yes, this is one of the things college has taught me. Swarthmore
College is known as having particularly openminded and tolerant
people. However (and I *am* a liberal Democrat, for the record), it seems
to be perfectly acceptable for all these openminded, tolerant, "we don't
care about your color or gender or sexual orientation or
disability" people to censor, protest or otherwise squash conservative or
Republican opinions. Free speech, anyone?