dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #169

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Mon Jun 19 18:17:00 EDT 2000

Gili wrote:

* We've finally secured the rights to publish "Charmed Life" and "The Lives
of Christopher Chant" in Hebrew. How I wish I could translate them myself,
but I'd need to break my Harry Potter contract, as well as be my own
taskmaster which I'm not really good at.

Oooh, I am biased and I don't know hebrew and so shall never enjoy the
fruits of the labor -  but I wish it could be you because of your
familiarity and appreciation for them - maybe it will all work out
unexpectedly somehow.

Elise
Charmed Life first, I think - because it is much more fun to wonder about
Chrestomanci first and find out later - I was tantalized for Years trying to
imagine just how the roof blowing off incident played.