Charmed Life / Lives of Christopher Chant

Deirdre Behan dbehan at indigo.ie
Mon Jun 19 02:57:37 EDT 2000

But wasn't LoCC published way after CC, about 10 years after if I remember
correctly? I like LoCC but like Mary Ann think that there's something
missing. I feel that there are too many explanations of things from CC, that
there was a certain amount of clearing up going on. CC stands together as a
"complete book" in a way that LoCC doesn't - it's very much a sequel for me
and not as subtle in the  development of its characters. But the one
character in LoCC I really like is the Goddess: it makes Milly in CC much
more interesting. She doesn't get much of a look in in CC, she's
subliminally important rather than explicitly.  And why does she go around
all the time seeming to be so afraid of Chrestomanci - think of the time
when Cat and Jane try and run away?

Deirdre