Muggles for Harry Potter

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Jun 16 12:15:23 EDT 2000

On 16 Jun, Philip.Belben at pgen.com wrote:

>>> I just got a shock from the "Moral Majority":
>>>  Apparently, Harry Potter books are banned from school libraries and
>>> classroooms
>>>  in some U.S. states
>>
>> this didn't surprise me
>>
>>>  and in New Zealand,
>>
>> but this did.  I don't know much about NZ but I hadn't imagined it the kind
>> of place with a strong 'moral majority' type group.  just goes to show.
>
> Me too.  So I looked at the Muggles website...
>
> Britta, are you _sure_ you read that aright?  The big fight seems to be going on
> in Zeeland, Michigan, USA.  No mention of anywhere outside the US (although
> arguments from silence are the weakest sort, I suppose)

Oooops, maybe I did... (going online to check this out...)

yup, you're right. it's Zeeland, MA, not New Zealand - really sorry for
that muckup. That's what you get when you're just glossing over web
pages ;)

Britta
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,