[Brownie points]

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Wed Jun 14 20:01:40 EDT 2000

PREISIG Kylie <kp027 at energex.com.au> wrote:
>I think this is more likely to have originated from the Brownie clubs for
>girls.

Brownies are supposdly little Scottish spirits that do little things around
the house to help out.  This is where the Girl Scout Brownies got their name
(my sister was one).  That is where the whole brown-nosing and brownie points
concepts originated from.

Interesting how the girls get to be little helpers around the house and the
boys associate themselves with tiger, bear, and wolf packs.  My brother got to
do all the fun stuff while my sister and I spent our time singing and sewing.
(No, I'm not bitter!)

Sarah

This email message (and any accompanying file attachments) may contain
confidential or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the addressee named
above. If you
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this
message to the
intended recipient, please notify ENERGEX immediately and destroy any copies
of the original
message.

Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this
email (including any
attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited.

ENERGEX accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent
by an employee
which is of a personal nature.