Brownie points

PREISIG Kylie kp027 at energex.com.au
Wed Jun 14 17:46:49 EDT 2000

I think this is more likely to have originated from the Brownie clubs for
girls.  This is the equivialant of the Cub Scouts for girls - what they are
in before they are old enough to be Girl Guides.  Or it was back in the
eighties when my sister was a Brownie.  I believe the Scouts are less sex
segregated these days.

Anyway, Brownies work towards merit badges in various areas.  I suspect
brownie points refers to people trying to score points like a Brownie would
have to do to get a merit badge.

Kylie

> Brownie points are: well, brownie is probably a contraction
> of brownnose; brownosing is kissing up, kissing butt.
> Basically it means that I would casually mention something
> about John Donne in seventh grade and my teachers would
> immediately become several notches more receptive to the idea
> of giving me a's (but hardly ever quite enough notches).

This email message (and any accompanying file attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the addressee named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, please notify ENERGEX immediately and destroy any copies of the original
message.

Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this email (including any
attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited.

ENERGEX accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent by an employee
which is of a personal nature.