Humor

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Fri Jul 28 10:06:15 EDT 2000

>I think the funniest Georgette Heyer is the one where the heroine, Penn,
>dresses up as a boy - I can't remember the title

That's the Nonesuch, I think... and yes, it is funny. Quite a few of them
are, but like DWJ (see, I'm back on topic!) Heyer wrote books that didn't
necessarily resemble one another. I really disliked Cousin Kate and couldn't
get along with The Conqueror or My Lord John, but Faro's Daughter was great
fun and I really liked the Toll Gate, Venetia and The Unknown Ajax.

Sallyo.