Humor

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jul 28 01:15:03 EDT 2000

	Oooh - Bellaires's _The House With the Clock in its Walls_ is a
great book - scary (somewhat) up until the hysterical poker playing
thing.  I absolutely second the Bagthorpes, btw.  Along with DWJ, one of
the things that I reread now and wonder: "I had the sophistication to
enjoy _that_ when I was nine!?"  Only more so, given all of the references
to various cultural things that I'm fairly sure I didn't know about when I
was nine...

					---Kyra

"What can I say about the Bible?  The greatest book ever, it is more than
a book.  If you buy one book EVER, this is the one.  Non-believers need to
read this in any form.  I don't want to spoil the end, but let's just say
YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE."

		---amazon.com review of the Bible, thanks to the NYT Week
In Review section of 06-16-00