Philosopher's Stone

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 05:33:06 EDT 2000

Here I agree with you. The Sorceror's Stone could be just about anything -
it has no historical apparatus. I think it's his pet rock, myself. I can
just
see Voldemort shaking it to make the eyes wiggle frenetically.
Tanaqui

Chuckle chuckle SNORT hahahahahaheehee.. wipes eyes.. phew.
I think a pet stone would be cool (I didn't mean that as a pun but it may as
well be). I think the different types would have different personalities,
like, obsidian would be touchy and a seaworn pebble would be lazy and
goodnatured. With the added benefit that you could use them as paperweights,
which even the most slow-moving of cats tend to be bad at.
Do you think using crystals as mage-focuses would bring them alive after a
bit? In which case, you could have living jewellery that bit thieves. (I
always liked the earrings that shouted "I belong to Caroline Chant"). Or
they might start wanting to go back home to their mines, of course.
Jennifer