No subject

Alex alex.mb at zoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 14:35:58 EDT 2000

I thought people might be interested in this message from child lit.
Alex

Date:    Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:21:42 -0500
From:    milliew <milliew at TROI.CSW.NET>
Subject: Diana Wynne Jones

Calling all Diana Wynne Jones scholars! A British publisher has
expressed interest in a possible collection of essays about Jones. I
need contributors who can send me a title and abstract for a proposed
article as soon as possible. You wouldn't actually have to write the
article yet. If the book proposal is accepted, someone will come after
you with a big stick. The editors are open to any and all ideas about
Jones's work, including her science fiction for adults, her place in the
world of literature, her vast superiority over J. K. Rowling, etc. (We
sold the publisher on the collection based on the current popularity of
fantasy literature due to Harry Potter.) We would love to have
contributors from Britain and the Commonwealth countries and from people
of the male persuasion since most of our confirmed contributors are
American females.
    If you are interested, please e-mail any questions or abstracts to
Donna R. White at the following address: milliew at mail.cswnet.com. And
please forward this message to any person or list-serv that might be
interested. I have only posted to child_lit.

Donna R. White
Department of English
Arkansas Tech University
Russellville, AR  72801