The end of Time City

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 24 07:34:02 EDT 2000

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

> >And now I shall insert a SPOILER WARNING.

> Is it possible that FJ and the TL *want* the Sempitern etc to react
> as they do, ie to accept change? After all, the TL does seem to be
> trying to change time city, bringing in children etc.

I think it's possible. But I've never been quite sure, which is one of
the reasons I've had trouble with the trial scene.
It *seems* like a good explanation, but I just keep getting nagging
doubts.

> Although the fact that they're adamant that Sam and Jonathan will
> also stand trial later on might be against this- unless it's going
> to be sort of "show trials". ("You messed with history." "But we
> meant well." "Oh, all right.")

What I've always hoped is that one of them had the presence of mind to
point out that it's all Faber John's fault anyway. :)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."