A travelling addict

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jul 22 08:47:13 EDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Kylie Preisig wrote:

> Rabbits:
>
> I can remeber when it used to be illegal to keep any rabbits at all
> as pets.  It surprised me that grey ones are illegal.  Perhaps they
> just want people to keep the fancy breeds and not go down to the
> back paddock, shove a ferret down a rabbit hole and keep what comes
> out as a pet, breed it and release hundreds of healthy babies back
> out into the wild.

We've never had any trouble about owning rabbits; mind you, all ours
have had surgical intervention to avoid the problem about lots of
little babies.

"The habits of rabbits are fine for observing,
 But one finds the results can be rather unnerving."

> (There wouldn't happen to be any DWJ fans out there who also like
> ferrets, would there?)

We've got a ferret now, too. I can't even remember what my sister (the
nominal owner) named it, because everybody calls it "the ferret", or
"ferret-features", or "what's that rustling noise in the kitchen".
My Dad refers to it as The Yellow Peril.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."