Cats

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
Fri Jul 21 19:36:06 EDT 2000

>From: "Sally Odgers" <sodgers at hotnet.net.au>
>To: <dwj at suberic.net>
>Subject: Re: Cats
>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:27:06 +1000
>Sender: owner-dwj at suberic.net

 "If I were you" is no problem, but some of the other was/weres do
>bother people. And the "they" for "one child" example is accepted in some
>places now... though I, being a stick in the mud, don't use it.
But "If I was you" is a problem because "I" can never be "You" and
therefore one should use "I were" because were is the subjunctive case.
(Why English chooses to use the past plural for subjunctive singular
	Em.

Emilene Bird Vivian Starr
~Magic is real, unless it's integer~ (Richard Cook)