Cats

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Jul 21 12:36:44 EDT 2000

> It took me months to learn to pronounce "M"adchen" to my pen-pal Sabine's
> satisfaction... and then I learned she had a strong Bremen accent. *sigh*

I can't think of a Bremen accent, maybe a Hamburg one? At least it's
better than some accents in the South... Hannover (near where I come
from) is said to have people specking the purest German... but we'll
still pronounce "Zug" like "Zuch" and "M"adchen" like "Meedchen" (can't
think of any way to transcribe the ch's into English ;)

Britta, offtopic as always
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,