Cats

Robyn Starkey robyns at corplink.com.au
Fri Jul 21 07:22:12 EDT 2000

AEliot himself said that every cat has more than one name.
>Terry Pratchett did an extended riff on this, suggesting that a cat's
>multiple names include, among others I've forgotten:

My mother's cat (a cream burmese who is a kind of pale yellow all over
colour) has 3 names:

1) The "we're taking him to the vet and he has no name", name - Calvin - no
one calls him this

2) His actual name - Chicken

3) The "no way can you call this cat Chicken, it is too embarrassing" name
- Buster - my stepfather calls him this, and my mother uses it in my
stepfather's hearing.

Robyn