Cats

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Jul 20 03:45:50 EDT 2000

On 20 Jul, Paul Andinach wrote:

> Our current cat is called Blitzen (which means Lightning) because we
> found him when he was a tiny kitten outside our house during a major
> storm. He is now much larger and, in contrast to McCavity, we can't
> get rid of him. :)

If that's supposed to be German, I'll rant a little: (If not, forget
the next paragraph ;)
<rant>
Why can't the English get German right? It's not Schwannsee, it's
Schwanensee, and rather than see another Ubergamer or Ubergeek, I'd
rather people use "super"! (or "Uber or even Über, if their keyboard
can manage). The singular in German is _not_ formed with an "en" at the
end, and the plural not very often! If you want to call something a
name from another language, kindly look it up or ask someone! And,
Paul, that should be Blitz, unless you mean the verb, and who'd call
something after a verb?
</rant>

Forgive me, but it's terrible when people mangle German words...
and I have a pet peeve with correcting people's spelling or commas!

> Although his *name* is Blitzen, he's generally just called Puss or,
> more often, Getoutofthatyoumangyhairball.

lol

Britta, promising to let the matter drop now
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,